Haynes - Retirement Manual
Online Price: £14.95
Rubbish Present Shop: Prezzybox
Haynes - Retirement Manual Product Description
Ah, retirement. Don’t we all dream of the day we won’t have to wake up at 6am to get into the office? Or of having a lunchtime where you decide what time to eat and how long it’s going to take you? Or of being able to get home before it gets dark?! Unfortunately, the reality isn’t always as peachy as we imagine it will be. Sometimes, after working every day for the past 40+ years, you wake up one morning and you have nowhere to go! Suddenly, it dawns on you, you have lived your whole life around work and now you don’t need to be there anymore what will you do with all this free time?! You panic and start to feel very alone….until, that is, you pick up your Retirement Manual. And out of the blue, it’s like you have an old friend with you, guiding you through this change in your life. This step-by-step manual breaks everything down into manageable chunks for you, and is there so that you can revisit it time and time again.
From how to spend your new found leisure time, to taking care of your mental and physical health and even sensitive issues like coping with grief, this manual provides sensitive, easy to understand information about how to make the most of your retirement and enjoy what you have always dreamed of – free time! Enjoy all the time you have and really start to reap the benefits of retirement with this brilliant and informative guide.
- Finance: from pension planning to prescription charges.
- Modern technology: from satnavs to Skype and everything in between.
- Leisure time: hobbies, college classes, volunteering, book clubs and travel.
- Mental and physical health: advice on everything, starting with aches and Alzheimers.
- Your home: pros and cons of downsizing, living with relatives, retirement homes, safety and security, useful home aids.
- Becoming a carer and being cared for: hospices, nursing homes and support.
- Legalities: age discrimination, wills, power of attorney.
- The final curtain: funeral planning, organ donation, coping with grief.